The Faculty of Civil Engineering (FCE) was founded in 1915, as one of the first four faculties at the University but its tradition dates back to year 1826. The Faculty building is located at 16 Armii Ludowej Avenue, where majority of lecture rooms and didactic/research laboratories can be found.
FCE is a leading research centre and didactic entity within building and construction. The Faculty offers BSc. and MSc. studies in building and construction (with full accreditation from The Polish Accreditation Committee – PKA), covering the following specialisations: Sustainable Buildings, Railways, Transportation Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Civil Engineering Structures with specialties like Building Structures, Bridges and Underground Structures, Theory of Structures. Faculty has signed a double diploma agreement with Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees, ParisTech, which allows MSc. students to choose this path of education. Faculty has all legal rights to confer academic titles in the Construction Discipline.
The Faculty actively cooperates with all technical universities in Poland. It has also signed co-operation agreements with universities from majority of European countries, and moreover, countries like USA, Japan, Australia, South Africa Republic. FCE is active in the Erasmus+ Students Mobility program, allowing many Polish students to study abroad and welcoming foreign students at the Faculty.